This forum is now about Final Fantasy XIV.

General topics about Final Fantasy XI

Moderator: Zenogias

This forum is now about Final Fantasy XIV.

Postby Masaka on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Masaka

Re: This forum is now about Final Fantasy XIV.

Postby Vodevil on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:08 pm

orly?
Vodevil
Mon Cherry

Postby Decker on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:52 am

I saw the info on this yesterday and finally saw the trailer for it this morning. Looks very interesting! I wonder what this means for the future of FFXI now. Are they going to continue to produce new content for it or is it finished? And is that why they have been pushing the downloadable expansions since they knew they wanted to wrap up all the stories they had planned for Vana'diel?

Also, I see Hume, Elvaan, Galka, and Mithra in the trailer and on the main site in the illustration. But I can't seem to find any Taru. The character with the mage hat with their back to us in the illustration looks to be too large when comparing it to the other surrounding characters. I'm sure they will be in the game but I also wonder since they aren't revealed along with the other 4 races. Will there be more then just 5 in this game also?
Decker

Postby Zenogias on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:21 am

All five races have been confirmed. The main logo has a Tarutaru, and on the teaser website, there's a gorgeous illustration that clearly shows all 5.

I hope they announce how this game connects to Vana'diel soon.
Zenogias
8-bit Red Mage

Postby Vodevil on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:50 am

Vodevil
Mon Cherry

Postby Ogface on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:42 pm

Given what a huge nerd I am, I'll prolly end up playing. They really gotta do something about casual/solo play though. The xp system in XI is retarded. Out of curiosity, who's even playing XI regularly? I haven't been following any news regarding it since getting frustrated with laptop controls and being unable to get windower to work on vista.
i want to be your canary.
Ogface

Postby Vodevil on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:39 pm

hmm, from old RD?

Zeno and Drizz sparingly. I see Nate dogg on here and there. Setz is on at night. Pete pops in during the days every now and then. Oh yeah and Cads but he was never in RD.
Vodevil
Mon Cherry

Postby Masaka on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Ogface wrote:They really gotta do something about casual/solo play though. The xp system in XI is retarded. Out of curiosity, who's even playing XI regularly?

This. I don't want it to turn into WoW's 'solo play through the entire game' because I feel that FFXI's party system is what truly makes the game fun, but there needs to be a way for people who don't have time to devote to spending 1 hour LFG + 3 hours in a PT to level. Here's hoping they stay true to this and don't make a WoW clone, please for the love of god, don't do it SE..I NEED this game to be as awesome as FFXI or I'll do something so crazy even I don't know what it is yet.

Another very important concept that takes a different direction from FFXI, for FFXIV we want to make it so the player can choose to play solo, in a party, 40 minutes, all-day... there will be content for ALL of those play styles and systems for all of those play styles.

As with WoW, we want to aim a bit for the casual user. However, we don't want to make a copy of WoW. We believe we will have things that are unique and will stand out from that game.

Hurray for killing off POL, worldwide release of English/JP/everyone else + PS3/PC launch, beta confirmation, world wide servers (JP ONRY) . Boo for no character transfers. Good bye, Masaka the Bard/Paladin/Future Samurai.
Masaka

Postby Zenogias on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Yeah, I get the impression that the game will still be much more of a challenge than WoW in terms in PT play and such. I think they were just saying that they want the general gameplay to actually be accessible by people this time around, lol.
Zenogias
8-bit Red Mage

Postby Ogface on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Masaka wrote:This. I don't want it to turn into WoW's 'solo play through the entire game' because I feel that FFXI's party system is what truly makes the game fun, but there needs to be a way for people who don't have time to devote to spending 1 hour LFG + 3 hours in a PT to level. Here's hoping they stay true to this and don't make a WoW clone, please for the love of god, don't do it SE..I NEED this game to be as awesome as FFXI or I'll do something so crazy even I don't know what it is yet.

I'm quite fond of the ability to solo your way to 80 in WoW, actually. I feel that Blizz addresses a lot of problems I had with FFXI in general. Before this turns into a WoW vs FF debate though, I gotta say I really love both games. XI was awesome cause I actually had the time and attention span to dedicate to it when it was at its peak. I agree that a WoW clone would be quite lame, and there's no way they'd do that. Anyways, I was doing research and came across fields of valor, and that seems pretty cool. It's good to see that SE is at least trying to do something about that issue. The real question now is, FFXIV or Star Wars: The Old Republic, or both. I get a huge boner for BioWare nowadays.
Ogface

Postby Masaka on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:34 am

' Square Enix has also revealed to IGN that it is currently finding a solution that will let you transfer your character's names from FFXI to FFXIV.'

'the heavy team-play aspect of FF11 has been deemphasized, and now exploration and battle is said to be more balanced between solo and team play.'

'Square Enix is cagey about how characters advance, but it has confirmed with IGN that growth is not based on experience and that it will work on a different system entirely.'

'Square Enix revealed to IGN that Uematsu will be doing all the music for Final Fantasy XIV and that it will be composed in a range of different styles and genres.'

'Are Chocobos back? Yes, they will return. But Square Enix has told IGN that it is looking at using them in a completely different way than they were used in Final Fantasy XI (where they were used as riding steeds). '

'Beta plans are still being finalized, but that the plan is to have a longer beta period than that of FFXI (which had a beta of about 3-4 months).'

More at http://ps3.ign.com/articles/991/991483p1.html

No more levels based on experience? Interesting...Very interesting...Also, longer beta than FFXI...Sweet ass, here's hoping it comes sooner too..FFXI's beta in Japan was 9 months before the release. Could we possibly see a FFXIV beta at the end of the year? Here's hoping.
Masaka

Postby Zenogias on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:42 am

Masaka wrote:More at http://ps3.ign.com/articles/991/991483p1.html

No more levels based on experience? Interesting...Very interesting...Also, longer beta than FFXI...Sweet ass, here's hoping it comes sooner too..FFXI's beta in Japan was 9 months before the release. Could we possibly see a FFXIV beta at the end of the year? Here's hoping.

Hype+1
Zenogias
8-bit Red Mage

Postby Drizz on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:59 am

Vodevil wrote:hmm, from old RD?

Zeno and Drizz sparingly. I see Nate dogg on here and there. Setz is on at night. Pete pops in during the days every now and then. Oh yeah and Cads but he was never in RD.

Yeah, I play a lot less than I used to, and generally earlier in the evenings. With the fiancee working 12 hour shifts now, I do have a few more evenings available than I used to.

But I don't anticipate playing a new MMO (as I said on IGN) at this point in time.
Drizz
Total Loser

Postby Ogface on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:23 pm

sick, why's everyone getting married now? grats man.

Masaka wrote:'Square Enix is cagey about how characters advance, but it has confirmed with IGN that growth is not based on experience and that it will work on a different system entirely.'

SPHERE GRID
Ogface

Postby Cadsuane on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Vodevil wrote:Oh yeah and Cads but he was never in RD.

:(
Cadsuane
Cadsubanned

Postby Wylantar on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:45 pm

I see a Manthra sitting at the table talking to that Taru looking thing on the main website. Also theres that little kid with the pointy ears and horns all the way to the left... Man I can't wait. We gotta get into Beta again! BRING ON THE FFXIV GOODNESS!
Wylantar

Postby Vodevil on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Cadsuane wrote:

We'll let you in for XIV.
Vodevil
Mon Cherry

Postby Cadsuane on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Vodevil wrote:
Cadsuane wrote:

We'll let you in for XIV.

:D
Cadsuane
Cadsubanned

Postby Masaka on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:52 am

Hopefully there won't be any loldrgs.
Masaka

Postby Ogface on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:59 am

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/823994/square-enix-ps3-mmorpg-untitled/videos/ff14_vdi_060309.html

I had to watch this twice cause the first time around I was mesmerized by this guy's hair. Blagojevich much?
Ogface

Postby Wylantar on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:20 am

The way the jobs work sounds pretty interesting O.o And how your character grows through the story and through fighting.
Wylantar

Postby Masaka on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:12 am

Site was updated a few days ago. New screenshots appeared in magazines, info on jobs/classes on the website.

Masaka

Postby Ogface on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:19 pm

Ogface

Postby Raveneo on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Who the hell let Elves back? Ughh...
Glad loldrgs aren't confirmed.... jdsklaf
Raveneo

Postby Wylantar on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:38 am

They need to find some people who actually know how to play to show off this game. It looks awesome, but srsly. Get someone who knows how to cast a freaking spell or shoot a bow.
Wylantar

Postby Strifey on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:58 am

There was a new trailer on the first day of TGS, it's up at http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/. Go to Media->Trailers
Strifey

Postby Masaka on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:54 pm

loldrg on the left hand side there.
Masaka

Postby Masaka on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:23 am

New screenshots and info on the main site. (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/)
Masaka

Postby Masaka on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 am

Masaka

Postby Koenma on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:15 pm

I hope everyone plays!
Koenma

Return to Final Fantasy XI Forum