I'm leaning towards the weskit
==================
INT+6

INT+4, MACC+2
and
MAB+2
or
Magic Crit +10%, Enmity-4

Crit is +10 MAB, and at 10% chance, is like +1 MAB averaged per nuke, so I'm not leaning towards that one. I'm thinking about getting the above-mentioned magey hat and possibly something melee oriented for NIN with the body piece.

Any thoughts/am I overlooking something obvious?
Drizz
Total Loser

Re: I'm torn (augmented items)

Postby Vodevil on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Here's a thread on BG regarding Genie Weskit vs Royal Redingote.

Seems the Redingote is better for higher level mobs while the Weskit is better on the lower tier mobs. If you do decide on the MAB/MACC+4 Augments, you also happen to have a great nuking piece for RDM too. I picked the MAB/MACC+4 Augments for Lacey's Royal Redingote.

I dunno if a melee piece for NIN would be all that worth it for yourself. Common setup is ACC+10 and Dual Wield delay -3? While it's nice I think you'd get much more use out of the MAB/MACC+4 Redingote.

Headpiece is a tougher option. Out of what you listed I think INT+6/MACC+2/FC+2 seems like the best bet. Since you have AF+1 and Relic headpieces, another piece to consider is INT+4/MACC+5/HMP3. It's essentially the same as Morrigan's Coronal and one of the best Drain/Aspir hats for BLM/RDM. HMP+3 is icing on the cake. Of course you can can also make a bad ass NIN WS piece with STR+4/WSACC+15/ACC+10/ATT+5.

For Vode's DRK (and PLD to a lesser extent) I chose the STR+4/WSACC+15/ACC+10/ATT+5 Augments. Although having Haste+5% along with +2 of another stat for a Walmart Turban+1 is highly tempting. It took me a few minutes to decide what to pick for Lacey. My original plan was to go for a pure curing piece with MND+6/CurePotency+3/FC+2 but I wound up with MND+4/CurePotency+3/MACC+3/HMP+3. It's pretty much a hybrid piece for curing, resting and MND based enfeebles since she's lacking Crimson/Relic/Mahatma/Goliard head pieces.
Vodevil
Mon Cherry

Postby Drizz on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Oh, that leads me to the other option that I'll try for, and I think it's the best one (sans Morrigan): NQ Weskit with INT augment.

I think I'll sell the Genie & get the nuking body.

For head, I'm not worried about my drain/aspir, and I use the W. Turban for the Haste. I'm thinking the INT+4 MAB+2 MACC+2 is the way to go (as originally planned), unless Demon Helm can be augmented nicely (helm +1 = 6 INT, prior "best piece" short of Morrigan's Coronal/Sorc. Petasos in HNM scenarios)
Drizz
Total Loser

Postby Vodevil on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:36 pm

...or I can get you Enmity+/- pieces for both before you log!
Vodevil
Mon Cherry

Return to Final Fantasy XI Forum