Moar Snapshots of the Late Days of Vana'diel, Mysto-Style

General topics about Final Fantasy XI

Moderator: Zenogias

Moar Snapshots of the Late Days of Vana'diel, Mysto-Style

Postby Mystoval on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:53 pm

It's been a while since I last updated photo-wise. Will I jump to FF14? Who knows? Meanwhile, though I haven't been on a whole lot, I have been keeping it real in Vana'diel. So as follows, the dispatch from your cat in Bastok:

This is a little non-chronological, since I posted pics of me w/Ridill before, but here's proof for you doubters!

Manilla finished CoP and Zilart, btw. Congratulations! Never thought I'd live to see it XD

Miiiiiauuuuuuuuuu catzzz..... ermgrz wut? lul... mmk. I was born hyper. I'm sorry.

By the way, this is the *line* that had formed for popping Behemoth, during the first login campaign. And it was a pretty short one. There were sometimes 30+ people in Behemoth's Dominion. But pretty remarkable that a line formed, and the rules were observed. As more than a few people said, in WoW, it would have been scrum.

I... er, uh....

Muuuuuuuuuuahhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg---------

FEEL MY FURY!

Monstrosity has been fun. Working on Lizard and Beast right now. Weirdly kinda old-school feel, what with the chaining and all. But EM-T solo is mega-easy. Even with a gimp mob like raptor, as you can see, the chaining is entirely population-dependent.

Wivre is the toughest monster I've used yet. Easy chain 5/6 on VT/IT. Only thing holding back higher chains is his slow movement speed.

But it makes this dude way easier to level, because he can handle a larger target level spread.

Anyway, more a little later!

Mystoval

Re: Moar Snapshots of the Late Days of Vana'diel, Mysto-Style

Postby Zenogias on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Very cool. I love looking at screenshots.

I'll try to swing by this week.
Zenogias
8-bit Red Mage

Postby Mystoval on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Prepping for Absolute Virtue. Gotta say, this is one fight I never thought I'd get to do.

Celebrating with Manilla after a successful DM fight (or something).

Fought a bunch of Azdajas looking for a Felibre's Dague. No luck yet. But a fun fight.

And fought a bunch of Behemoths thanks to the login campaign. 0/2 on rings so far, but I have 1 more KB pop and a bunch of behemoth pops now and on the way. Hopefully I get some luck.

Also fought this dude a bunch for my Raider's pants +2. Another one of those Abyssea mobs that would be balls-tough as a lowman PT, but is a 15min AFK for BST. He's all wind elemental, and Dipper Yuly never got far below 50% with DG, MC, RR. Usually she was like 52-60%. I never once had to Reward. I'd just put her on it, go do some other shit for a while, and come back to loot.

Wearing a lot of my fashion set, mostly. Pants were pretty good until Thurandaut +1 came out in the last update. Depending on your job, Abyssea would hardly be worth doing for a new player. Other than the xp I suppose.

Mystoval

Postby Mystoval on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:30 am

Did a li'l sky run w/Manilla.

Solid chat.

Still looks nice up here.

And here:

And here. Need to get RDM and WHM up for monstrosity. Got RDM to 40 something now so I can just Aby-burn it. Just need high enough levels to learn spells for Lendary Tiger and Adamantoise.

Choco don't need no spells to know how to rock.

So yeah, double xp and double monstrosity xp going on right now, so I decided to power through some monsters. 800-1500+ per kill? I'll take it.

Y halo thar...

Adamantoise is definitely the most powerful monster I've used yet. Just super bad-ass. Hits hard as hell. Virtually indestructable. PLD/PLD for regular adamantoise, but you know what's even better than that?

PLD/RDM Genbu Doom Adamantoise!

Mystoval

Return to Final Fantasy XI Forum