May 2020 Campaign Goals

General topics about Final Fantasy XI

Moderator: Zenogias

May 2020 Campaign Goals

Postby Carlyle on Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:30 am

Next month's Relaxing in Vana'diel campaign (running from May 11th to May 25th) has a bunch of bonuses available to players new and old alike, and instead of having everyone going their own way for two weeks I thought it might be good to get everyone together in one place to see where we might be able to team up on certain objectives. On my end:

Chain Experience and Capacity Point Bonus Campaign
Capacity Points
I'm ~300 points in to White Mage mastery and would love to team up for some Apex parties to get those numbers up (soloing them on WHM is pretty miserable without a DD partner.) Maybe we could even get a full party together to do some Apex Bat parties?

Experience Points
I'd like to hit 99 with Blue Mage and Summoner (the additional Trusts bonus for the campaign will definitely make that go by quickly) and am happy to team up with others if you have jobs you're looking to get to the level cap.

Abyssea Campaign
With light values increased I wanna knock out feet pieces for all 22 jobs in the game -- would appreciate advice/input from any of the veteran players on which of the one-time bonuses that I should choose to receive from the blue chest.

Mog Gardens Campaign
Just a heads up to anyone with uncapped inventory space -- Goblin Stew 880 will be available during this event which means you can more or less completely skip the Gobbiebag quests.

Wildskeeper Reive Campaign
I need to knock out all six of these (and I assume that Danny, Greg, Cads, Setz, and Tom do as well) and the cost key items to participate will be lowered along with the re-spawn times for the NMs. As a reminder, defeating each NM gives you a permanent Capacity Point bonus.

Voidwatch Campaign
Greg and I have been going through Voidwatch slowly, but since this campaign will start all lights at their maximum alignments I'd love to find a day or two to plow through everything else (max lights will mean max EXP, Cruor, guaranteed Key Items, and more/rarer drops). Start your Voidstone counter now if you haven't already.

High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
We did a six-person "Normal" difficulty party on Sunday and we blew through it pretty easily. I know that people need Rem's Chapters and equipment drops from a lot of these fights, so now might be a good time to plan on burning through a few dozen of them. I'll update this section later with specific drops I'm looking for.

Omen Light Double-Up Campaign
Always down to do some Omen.

Ambuscade Gallantry Campaign
I'm more than happy to have a set time to do a daily Ambuscade run (a single battle should only take 10-15 minutes including farming the Key Item).
Carlyle

Re: May 2020 Campaign Goals

Postby Manilladoom on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:19 pm

I need to do a lot of these things as well. I cannot commit to static parties, but I am usually around on afternoons. With some advanced notice I can probably make myself available at other times too.

CP - something I need on several jobs... BLU/DRK/GEO etc

WKR - a breeze, happy to help out there

Voidwatch - something I need. Would like to put some of the endbosses on farm

HTMB - always down if I'm around

Omen - The campaign doesn't really matter, but yea always need the profits. Especially for my Apoc

Ambuscade - The more the better, like Omen
Manilladoom

Postby Mystoval on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Wow, pretty great campaign for May.

So, CP campaign is probably #1 for me since it's been a couple months, and I could use plenty. I think it'll be pretty easy to just have some rolling CP parties going, with people joining and dropping and being filled in by trusts and whatnot. I will also say, camps will be VERY crowded during the event, but having a bunch of people in the LS who need it will mean we can probably anchor a camp somewhat easily.

With regards to Abyssea, I'd have to look at the Atmas, but that's probably the reward you're going to want starting out. Feet are easy enough to get "building lights" but you're gonna burn yourself out going for all 22.

The trust campaign is interesting. The boost they get is pretty substantial, so it's much easier to use them in harder Ambuscade, HTBF etc, where usually they get wiped out. This is a good time to burn merit battles and the like.

WKR we can do easily. The campaign makes it all the more painless.

Voidwatch... oh Voidwatch. The main thing here I think would be getting clears for access to better warps, which are still somewhat useful. I've tried heavy metal farming during campaigns before. It might be better, but it still kinda sucks. I'm happy to help people clear the more difficult VW. But you can also get weakening items now that make the fights trivial.

HTBF campaign is a good deal, and goes hand in hand with the trust HP boost. Not sure whether the rate on desirable equip items is improved or not, but the two bonuses make this a good month to do HTBF. Something we can do as a party, with trusts, whatever, and there's no waiting or being crowded.

Omen: I still don't understand what this campaign is about. Cards are easy to get. I'm always down for Omen. And trying T1 bosses again this month with better setup.

Ambuscade Gallantry campaign is on again this month. Let's hope for a good roll on the fights so we can have as good a month as April. Kinda up in the air until we know what the battles are.

Dark Matter: so this campaign is nice. Every game day you get 6 (for the normal) to 12 (for the PLUS) free Dark Matter upgrades with Oseem. They work like other stones, but they can give you augments that are above cap, (IE 6 Double Attack), off-path (think magic stats on melee pieces) or totally unique (Quad attack). Every day you should be going to Oseem to roll the dice on this. Dark matter normally costs millions, so yeah.
Mystoval

Postby Manilladoom on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:44 pm

Mystoval wrote:Voidwatch... oh Voidwatch. The main thing here I think would be getting clears for access to better warps, which are still somewhat useful. I've tried heavy metal farming during campaigns before. It might be better, but it still kinda sucks. I'm happy to help people clear the more difficult VW. But you can also get weakening items now that make the fights trivial.

We definitely want to clear the big bad bosses in VW. This will provide us access to the pulse cell exchange guy, allowing us to max out our Ambuscade weapons. According to bg-wiki, you cannot exchange cells without clearing the applicable boss.

I realize what you just read might sound like nonsense.... here is the link for a better explanation:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Pul ... ia#Weapons
Manilladoom

Postby Carlyle on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:13 am

Announcing the Spring Alter Ego Expo
The Spring Alter Ego Expo commences Friday, May 1! During this campaign, the following alter egos make their triumphant return:

• Qultada
    • Adelheid
    • Amchuchu
    • Sakura
    • Ovjang
    • Mnejing
    • Rahal
    • Koru-Moru
    • Cid
    • Makki-Chebukki
    • King of Hearts
    • Morimar
Campaign Period: Wednesday, May 1, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Sunday, May 31, at 7:59 a.m.
Carlyle

Postby Manilladoom on Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:30 am

Carlyle wrote:Announcing the Spring Alter Ego Expo
The Spring Alter Ego Expo commences Friday, May 1! During this campaign, the following alter egos make their triumphant return:

• Qultada
    • Adelheid
    • Amchuchu
    • Sakura
    • Ovjang
    • Mnejing
    • Rahal
    • Koru-Moru
    • Cid
    • Makki-Chebukki
    • King of Hearts
    • Morimar
Campaign Period: Wednesday, May 1, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Sunday, May 31, at 7:59 a.m.

I was just about to post this. For those that don't have them, Qultada and King of Hearts are excellent. I imagine you all have Koru-Moru, but for any party with more than one human he is basically a must have. Amchuchu makes a good tank as well.
Manilladoom

Postby Yolorito on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:19 pm

I am down for CP (SMN) and EXP (mostly any Mage job), Ambu, HTMBs and Voidwatch. Not necessarily in that order :D
Yolorito

Postby Carlyle on Fri May 01, 2020 11:47 am

From Square-Enix:

As May is the month of the Vana’versary, we had planned a variety of content for you to sink your teeth into, but we unfortunately have to push off the majority of it to the future. However, we are still bringing you a version update that has some necessary monthly changes.

That being said, those changes consist only of updates to Records of Eminence. We were also unable to make any monster-related updates, so the only Ambuscade changes are the monthly resets to hallmarks and badges of gallantry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More easy Orc currency -- let's keep it going!
Carlyle

Postby Yolorito on Fri May 01, 2020 4:22 pm

I will gladly take it. It’s like the gift that keeps on giving.
Yolorito

Postby Vodevil on Sat May 02, 2020 8:43 am

setz_dring.png

This guy and his pro lots.

Anywhoo, I have plenty of KB pops people can have if they're interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vodevil
Mon Cherry

Postby Yolorito on Sat May 02, 2020 9:05 am

Vodevil wrote:
setz_dring.png

This guy and his pro lots.

Anywhoo, I have plenty of KB pops people can have if they're interested.

:lol:
Yolorito

Postby SetzJH on Sat May 02, 2020 1:45 pm

I'm a grower, not a shower.
SetzJH

Postby Mystoval on Sun May 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Damn dude, that’s awesome. Congrats! I also have plenty of pops if anyone wants them.
Mystoval

Postby Drizz on Mon May 04, 2020 3:59 am

I also have a few pops and will charge half of the rate I charged Setz.
Drizz
Total Loser

Postby Carlyle on Fri May 08, 2020 12:58 am

Congrats, Setz -- currently running about 0/12 for King Behemoth runs on my end.

In other news -- lots of Trusts available for next month's login campaign!

100 Points
Cipher: Zeid
Cipher: Lion
Cipher: Naja
Cipher: Lehko
Cipher: Luzaf
Cipher: Najelith
Cipher: Domina
Cipher: S. Sibyl
Cipher: Karaha
Cipher: Areuhat
Cipher: Uka
Cipher: Kuyin
Cipher: Abenzio
Cipher: Rughadjeen
Cipher: Lhe
Cipher: Mayakov
Cipher: Brygid
Cipher: Mildaurion
Cipher: Rongelouts
Cipher: Robel-Akbel
Cipher: Ullegore
Cipher: Teodor
Cipher: Darrcuiln

300 Points
Cipher: Shantotto II
Carlyle

Postby Yolorito on Fri May 08, 2020 2:56 pm

Ohohohoho!

Finally.
Yolorito

Postby Manilladoom on Sat May 09, 2020 7:41 pm

I know it isn't part of the campaign, but I need to do some Alluvion Skirmish and collect 7 or 8 mellidopt wings to exchange for ideally two sets of Telchine gear. You can augment it with enhancing magic +

I already have 6, but I'm not sure how to effectively do the Alluvion version of skirmish to maximize drops. Anyone have more experience with this?
Manilladoom

Postby Carlyle on Sun May 10, 2020 9:53 am

Manilladoom wrote:I know it isn't part of the campaign, but I need to do some Alluvion Skirmish and collect 7 or 8 mellidopt wings to exchange for ideally two sets of Telchine gear. You can augment it with enhancing magic +

I already have 6, but I'm not sure how to effectively do the Alluvion version of skirmish to maximize drops. Anyone have more experience with this?

From BG Wiki:

Each category of Simulacrum Segment influences a Skirmish in different ways.

• The type of Visage selects the Skirmish area and the tier influences the quality of rewards (specifically, the quality of Ghastly, Verdigris, or Wailing Stones received).
• The tier of Torso chooses the Skirmish level. This influences the size of the Skirmish area, maximum time allotted, objectives to complete, and number of rewards.
• The tier of Legs sets the number of Noetic Ascensions available (based on the Skirmish size) and the type of effects they may bestow.

Because of the synergies involved in using higher tier components together, it is sensible to assemble high tier head and legs segments together with high tier body segments. A maximum size run using a tier V body will yield the most possible drops (the quality of which is influenced by the head segment's tier) and the most possible Noetic Ascensions (the quantity and effects of which are influenced by the legs segment's tier).
Carlyle

Postby Carlyle on Thu May 14, 2020 4:30 am

Greg and I will be finishing up the main city Voidwatch paths and starting the Jeuno and Zilart lines this afternoon if anyone would like to join.

Also!

Adventurer Gratitude Campaign

Players will be able to receive all the goodies just by logging in for four of the seven weeks the campaign is running, so even the most casual of players has ample time to reap the rewards!

First Login - Echad Ring
The echad ring is a special item that confers an experience point gain bonus on the player equipping it. It has unlimited uses, making it perfect for levelling up your first job—or your thirteenth!

Second Login - One Red Crab
The Red Crab is an item that lets you mount a red crab and ride it around Vana'diel. Be pretty in pink and show of your crustacean companion to all your friends!

Third Login - Cipher: Kupofried
Cipher: Kupofried enables the bearer to summon an alter ego of the enigmatic Kupofried. He will not participate in battle, but rather confer an experience point gain bonus on the player who calls him forth. This makes him an ideal companion for all your levelling activities.

Fourth Login - One Vana'clock
The Vana'clock is a furnishing that you can use to decorate your Mog House. Just by placing it on a wall, you will receive an experience point gain bonus thanks to its Moghancement: Bounty effect. At certain times throughout the day, a chocobo will peep out the time, making it as stylish as it is functional.
Carlyle

Postby Carlyle on Mon May 18, 2020 7:54 pm

The Ambuscade Gallantry Campaign doubles the amount of Gallantry earned from Ambuscade once per day (your first run), a bonus that stacks with the effects of an Abdhaljs Seal. Last week we were able to complete a run of the current Ambuscade build on the "Difficult" setting without too much trouble which netted each of us 2400 Hallmarks and 1200 Gallantry, but if that same run were to be done now (with a seal and on the first run of the day) we'd each be looking at 7200 Hallmarks and 7200 Gallantry for a single run.

I know that I'm not the only one who's been saving seals (I currently have four and will have a fifth from my first run next week) and with the current campaign set to end on the 25th we'd need to start doing these ASAP to max out rewards. As long as everyone has Job Abilities ready to go (including two-hours) and is willing to come on the right job for a single run I think that this should be a pretty easy thing to get done.
Carlyle

Return to Final Fantasy XI Forum