The Official SUNDAY FUNDAY Thread!

General topics about Final Fantasy XI

Moderator: Zenogias

The Official SUNDAY FUNDAY Thread!

Postby Carlyle on Tue May 12, 2020 6:02 am

Starscreamers,

Some suggestions for the remaining Sundays in May:

May 17th - High-Tier Mission Battlefields
During the current "Relaxing in Vana'diel" campaign the number of personal drops in HTMBs is increased by one and players will receive either pluton, beitetsu, or riftborn boulders after completing each fight. Right off of the bat I think we should do Legacy of the Lost again since the monthly objectives for May 2020 are the same as April 2020, and on my end I'd like to try Ark Angel EV for a chance at the Dynasty Mitts. If everyone can get their requests/suggestions in by Thursday evening I figure we can all start collecting KIs for these in order to knock out a a bunch in a row. Parties would be capped at six people, but we can easily switch in and out in the event that we have more than six players who want to get in on this.

May 24th - Mars Orb Runs
Everyone should have their free monthly orb from the May version update, and you should be able to gather up six Silver Vouchers for a second without too much trouble over the next week and a half. No size limits.

May 31st - Omen
The Omen bonus from the "Relaxing in Vana'diel" campaign involves job cards -- there's a greater chance of obtaining them when completing both the main and additional objectives, and it's also supposed to be easier to obtain them when defeating lesser monsters along specific routes. For this I think we should do two card-farming runs (which should move relatively quickly with at least a full party) and then give defeating the mini-boss another go -- we weren't SUPER far off the last time we gave that a try. As long as you've completed RoV there should be a spot for you in this since the cap space is 18 people.

Let me know if you have any feedback about the above!
Carlyle

Re: The Official SUNDAY FUNDAY Thread!

Postby Yolorito on Wed May 13, 2020 4:07 pm

Legacy of the Lost is a good one. Seraphicaller is my main goal with these so any that have a chance at that are good in my book. Other possible ones are:

Return to Delkfutt’s Tower
Divine Might
Celestial Nexus - also has a body piece w/FC that might be decent
The Savage
Warrior’s Path
Puppet in Peril
Yolorito

Postby Mystoval on Thu May 14, 2020 9:39 am

I didn't realize until recently that SMN needs a stupid ammo piece to make their summons 119. Crazy.

Anyway, I pretty much always have tons of merits, so I'm happy to help on any of these. One thing I will say though is that even on Normal, the drop rate on a lot of these is not so great. I'd advise to make some priorities about which drops you want first, then plan on spamming those battles to get a drop.
Mystoval

Postby Carlyle on Thu May 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Oh, I'm not expecting the drops to be great, but I also know that a lot of us our gearing up jobs that are gonna require lot's of Rem's 6-10 to upgrade AF, Relic, and Empyrean pieces, so thought that if we could put a list of five or six battles together that we could do them on a semi-regular basis (it'd be a lot easier to grab five or six KIs at once and hit up Home Points one-by-one instead of continually going back and forth to grab new ones for the same fight). To that point, here's what I'm thinking:

Chapter 6: Legacy of the Lost
Chapter 7: Ark Angels EV
Chapter 8: The Savage (has Seraphicaller)
Chapter 9: The Warrior's Path or maybe we can do Dawn
Chapter 10: One to be Feared or Puppet in Peril
Carlyle

Postby Carlyle on Sat May 16, 2020 2:28 am

Okay -- final list!

Chapter 6: Legacy of the Lost
-Key Item: Legacy phantom gem

Chapter 7: Ark Angels EV
-Key Item: Phantom Gem of Arrogance

Chapter 8: The Savage (has Seraphicaller)
-Key Item: Savage's phantom gem

Chapter 9: The Warrior's Path
-Key Item: Warrior's Path phantom gem

Chapter 10: One to be Feared
-Key Item: Feared One phantom gem

See you Sunday!
Last edited by Carlyle on Sun May 17, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carlyle

Postby Yolorito on Sat May 16, 2020 7:48 am

I’ve gotten my merit total up to 40 now so I can get into 4 of these but probably not Divine Might unless we take a break to merit up again in Escha for a few minutes.
Yolorito

Postby Carlyle on Fri May 22, 2020 11:03 am

Mars Orb runs this Sunday at 4:00pm! Everyone Level 99 should have their freebie for the month, and you've all probably got a ton more to burn through with the two a day you've been getting for free the past week or so. This isn't capped at six people, so the more the merrier (mules too)!
Carlyle

Postby Yolorito on Fri May 22, 2020 6:28 pm

Got mine in bag and stocked over a dozen silver vouchers I think ^.^b
Yolorito

Postby Drizz on Fri May 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Next month we should plan Pandemonium Warden. I'm providing a popset.
Drizz
Total Loser

Return to Final Fantasy XI Forum